Being a winner in life really just means learning how to grow as a person while creating healthy, happy relationships. The best way to do this is to create a fulfilling lifestyle filled with love and positivity. Make sure to cultivate healthy thoughts, relationships, and practices in your daily life.
Growing as a Person
1Practice thinking confident thoughts. Confidence, like many things, is a skill that can be learned. Even if you don’t start off feeling confident, the more you practice, the better you’ll get and the happier you’ll feel. Think positively about your life. When faced with an obstacle, tell yourself that you can overcome it.
- Even if you’re not feeling confident, try acting confident with body language. Stand up straight while you’re walking or sitting. Avoid standing with your arms crossed. Instead, put your hands on your hips.
- Just smiling, even if you force it, can help you feel instantly happier and more confident, as your brain releases endorphins.
- Stop negative thinking. It’s normal to have self-doubts, but you can overcome them. Every time you start having negative thoughts about yourself, stop yourself and re-frame the thought into a positive or neutral one. For example, if you find yourself thinking “I am so worthless,” think instead, “I am really valuable to myself and others.”
2Encourage yourself to keep learning. Never stop educating yourself throughout your life. It will keep your brain sharp, lower your risk for diseases like Alzheimer’s, and give you interesting things to discuss with other people. Start with subjects that are interesting to you, such as video game design or historical costuming.
- Educate yourself about what is happening in the world: advances in science, medicine, politics, art, and current events. This keeps you in touch with what is going on.
- Try to learn a new skill, such as knitting, speaking a foreign language, or understanding astrophysics.
- Reading books and articles, watching the news and documentaries, or doing online tutorials are all great ways to keep learning.
3Learn from your mistakes. No matter how successful you are, no matter how healthy you are, no matter what you do or don’t do, you’re going to make mistakes and experience failure. Sometimes these incidents will be your fault, sometimes they won’t. It’s how you respond to them that will determine your ability to be successful at life.
- Your attitude toward life shapes how you experience things. Let go of your expectations and accept life as it is. This will empower you to handle whatever comes your way.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. When you do make a mistake, ask yourself how did things go wrong, what did you learn from it, and what will you do differently next time?
- To learn from your mistakes, you must first take accountability for them. Acknowledge where you went wrong so that you can fix it.